Join the NSCN Board - Application Coming Soon!
In just a few short weeks, the NSCN Board will begin its search for two qualified registrants to sit on the Board. This year, at least one of the new Board members must be an LPN in order to meet the Board composition requirements of the Nursing Act. Members of the Board make important decisions in the public’s interest that shape the regulation of nursing and promote public safety.
From February 14 – March 13, registrants will have the opportunity to apply for vacant Board positions and demonstrate how they meet the desired competencies, skills and/or attributes identified by the Nominating Committee. The online application process is simple, user-friendly and designed to meet your technology needs. If you are interested in a Board position, watch for an email from NSCN on February 14, 2024.
The NSCN Board has also implemented a few changes to the nomination and election process to increase efficiencies for both applicants and NSCN. Read more about joining the Board and these changes here.
Other Important News
- Read here for an important update regarding NSCN's migration to the new Regulated Health Professions Act and an amalgamation with the Midwifery Regulatory Council of Nova Scotia as directed by the Nova Scotia Government.
- A reminder that the Continuing Competence Program Audit will return in February. Those registrants who have been selected to participate will be notified on February 16, 2024.
- The new ‘Code of Ethics for Licensed Practical Nurses’ became effective on January 2, 2024. Learn more and download your own copy here.
- Did you know NSCN has a public directory on our website called Search for a Nurse? You can use this tool to confirm that a nurse is licensed by searching a nurse’s name or registration number.
- January’s practice support tool is the Continuing Competence Program (CCP) Guide for Nurses, which helps nurses understand the requirements needed to be successful in the participation and completion of the CCP.
- Our Online Education Library has convenient practice guidance on a range of topics available for all nurses.