Customer Service Commitment
At NSCN, we take our vision of regulatory excellence to heart. We believe that providing our stakeholders with exceptional customer service enhances the work we do together to deliver on our mandate of protecting the public. When you engage with NSCN and members of our team, you can expect that we will:
- Be knowledgeable, fair, respectful and unbiased
- Strive to continuously identify and pursue ways to deliver our programs and services
- Respond to your inquiries according to our established standards
- Learn from the feedback you share with us to enhance the work we do
These principles are upheld and demonstrated by our CEO and every member of our team.
Customer Experience Survey Results
At NSCN, we are committed to the growth and ongoing enhancement of the work we do on behalf of Nova Scotians. We strive to better understand the needs of our stakeholders and provide excellent customer service.
Our recent Customer Experience Survey, which was open to all stakeholders from August 3, 2022 – October 31, 2022, helped us better understand our customer’s needs and how we can work to continue to provide excellent customer service.
Respondents who participated in the survey identified that we did very well in the following areas:
- Responded knowledgeably to their inquiry and therefore informed us they would contact NSCN with a question again in the future
- Provided helpful resources or tools shared by NSCN staff that related to their inquiry
- Responded with compassion and empathy making them feel that their inquiry was being heard
Based on the results, we are committed to improving in the following areas to ensure we meet the needs of our customers and provide excellent customer service:
- Improve overall customer experience satisfaction
- Improve response time to ensure customers receive an initial response within three business days
The results will help inform our new customer service commitment statements that will be created in 2023. Results and feedback also helped us develop a training plan for all NSCN staff, who will undergo a customer service course in January 2023.
Thank you to everyone who took the time to participate in the survey to share your important feedback.