Welcome to the NSCN Media Center
This webpage is for you if you are a member of the public, a nurse, a reporter or other stakeholder looking to stay up to date with all things NSCN.
News Releases and More
- NSCN Streamlines Registration and Licensing Processes for Nurses (Oct. 20, 2022)
- NSCN Helps internationally educated nurse applicants by streamlining registration and licensing processes and collaborating with health partners (Aug. 24, 2022)
- Province Funds Internationally Educated Nurses Licensing Review (Aug. 23, 2022)
- Easier Path for LPNs to Become RNs (June 7, 2022)
- N.S. Nursing Regulator Continues to Offer More Ways for Retired Nurses, Others to Help during the Pandemic (Jan. 14, 2021)
- N.S. Nursing Regulator Releases New Sexual Misconduct Standard of Practice for Nurses: News Release (June 24, 2020)
- Over 300 More Nurses Licensed in Nova Scotia, According to New Nursing Regulator: News Release (Nov. 18, 2019)
Hot Topics in Nursing Regulation
Reach out to our media contact: Jane Wilson, Communications Lead, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow us on social media for real-time regulatory updates that impact nursing practice in Nova Scotia.
In the News
- Provincial funding aims to speed up licensing for internationally educated nurses, CBC (August 23, 2022)
- N.S. regulators for doctors, nurses clear path for reinforcements amid COVID-19, CBC (March 18, 2020)
- Nova Scotia College of Nursing reports increase in nursing numbers, SaltWire Network (Nov. 19, 2019)
- Nova Scotia College of Nursing celebrates six months with an open house, The Chronicle Herald (Nov. 14, 2019)
- Historic change for Nova Scotia’s nursing community, The Chronicle Herald (June 6 ,2019)
The Nova Scotia College of Nursing is the regulatory body for all nursing designations in Nova Scotia. We ensure the public that all nurses in Nova Scotia have the education and skills to provide safe, competent, ethical and compassionate nursing care.
Q: How do I confirm if a person is a nurse in Nova Scotia?
A: Use our Search for Nurse feature and enter the person’s name or registration number to confirm if they are licensed as a nurse in Nova Scotia.
Q: What are the designations of nurses in Nova Scotia?
A: In Nova Scotia, there are three designations of nurses: licensed practical nurses (LPNs), registered nurse (RN) and nurse practitioners (NP). NSCN regulates all three designations on behalf of the Nova Scotian public.
Q: Where can I find information on conduct decisions?
A: You can find this information on our Decisions and Outcomes page here.