As an organization that has paved a new way forward for regulation in Nova Scotia, being innovative and creative is part of our DNA. We welcome you to learn more about our organization, our culture and our work environment.
Working with Us
The public trusts us to regulate the nursing profession in the public’s interest and we trust our staff to carry out our mandate of public protection. As an organization built on trust, we offer a supportive, professional and collaborative workplace for you to learn and lead.
We are proud of our innovative thinking, along with our commitment to operating in a way that maintain the integrity of the organization and helps to ensure we are being accountable, transparent, agile and relational in everything that we do.
Working with our Team
Our team consists of dedicated staff with backgrounds in law, nursing, business, public relations, information technology, policy development, leadership, finance and customer service. Our team enjoys fostering a respectful environment where every voice is heard.
Working in our Office
Our innovative office space is modeled after the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Gold Certification Standards that supports the health and well-being of those working in the building. Our office includes bright spaces, high-efficient heating, an abundance of natural light, LED lighting, accessible transportation including an on-site bike storage room and electric vehicle charging station, and a free gym for staff. We believe that when our staff feel their best, they do their best and our office space supports this attitude.
The Nova Scotia College of Nursing is the safeguard that ensures the public that all nurses in Nova Scotia have the education and skills they need to care for people safely, competently, ethically, and compassionately. The public trusts us to regulate the nursing profession in the public’s interest and our staff are empowered to ensure public protection is our top priority. As an organization built on trust, we offer a supportive, professional and collaborative workplace for you to learn and lead.
As part of the NSCN team, you will contribute to our purpose of leading to inspire excellence to uphold public confidence. Excellence is at the core of all we do. Together, we will support our nurses to provide safe, competent and compassionate care in the communities we live and work. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion ensures we inspire excellence both publicly and within our organization. We are looking for an individual who will settle for nothing less than excellence in their role.
The Administrative Assistant for Professional Conduct Services (PCS) will support the day-to-day operations by performing administrative duties within the PCS service area. The administrative assistant will work with the PCS team to create and deliver time sensitive and/or highly confidential documents and reports using various computer programs and software. This position will be expected to operate with a high volume of files while consistently maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Provide both verbal and written information to registrants involved in the professional conduct process in accordance with established timelines
- Compile, prepare and distribute large amounts of highly confidential documentation, correspondence and reports
- Maintain complaints, professional conduct and fitness to practice files and records
- Communicate professionally and effectively with members of the NSCN leadership team, colleagues, other staff, registrants and stakeholders
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality and ensure information is not breached or used in appropriately
- Follow NSCN policies and procedures for accurate record keeping and data management
- Respond to telephone calls and general inquiries
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality while working with time-sensitive documents and reports
- Experience managing a high workload in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Adobe
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Able to work both independently and within a team
Education & Experience:
- Post-secondary education in office administration or a related relevant field
- Proficiency in Windows OS and MS Office Suite programs
- Minimum one year experience in a fast paced, high volume law firm, health care or regulatory environment preferred
The Nova Scotia College of Nursing (NSCN) is committed to creating a diverse environment. Qualified individuals from underrepresented groups who would contribute to the diversification and shared vision of our organization are encouraged to apply. NSCN is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is representative of the communities we support.
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity, we invite you to apply to with your resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.