We are preparing for our very first Annual Meeting as NSCN and you’re going to be invited! Please keep the following dates in mind and stay tuned for information about how you can be involved.
- Date: Thursday, May 28th, 2020
- Location: NSCN Bedford Office (live-stream also available online)
What is new?
- We are! This is our first opportunity to share information about how we’ve delivered on our mandate of protecting the public through the regulation of nursing, and guests will have an opportunity to check out our new Bedford office. You will have an opportunity to meet the new NSCN Board members as well.
- Annual Meeting only! In order to prioritize the work that is required to satisfy our public accountabilities as a new regulator, the NSCN Board has made the decision to forgo the awards ceremony that has traditionally been held by each legacy College. The Board is committed to continuing to prioritize resources that invest in public safety. We are also exploring education options that best allow us to deliver guidance and education to all nurses across Nova Scotia that supports the provision of safe, competent, ethical and compassionate nursing care. Stay tuned for more about what future opportunities.
What is staying the same?
- Meeting purpose. The purpose of the Annual Meeting remains the same. It is an opportunity for stakeholders to learn more about the Board’s governance and oversight of NSCN.
- Call for Resolutions. The Annual Meeting is also an opportunity for nurses to submit resolutions for consideration and to raise matters of interest to them within the scope of nursing regulation.
- You can join us online. In order to make the Annual Meeting available to as many individuals as possible, we will be live-streaming the event so you can follow along and vote at your convenience.
- The commitment to our mandate. The public trusts that nurses practice with public interest as their priority and it is our role to ensure that practice in the public interest is maintained.
How can I submit a resolution?
The deadline for resolutions was February 28th, 2020.
How can I learn more?
Stay tuned to our website, newsletters, Facebook and Twitter!