MESSAGE ON BEHALF OF THE NOVA SCOTIA DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND WELLNESS
As you are aware, Ocean View Manor has taken on a significant role within our Continuing Care system as the RCU to support the sector in Central Zone.
We are pleased to report that staffing is well underway. At this juncture, two key roles required are RNs and LPNs.
Nurses volunteering to work in the RCU will require an 8-week release from home employers when needed to work in the RCU. This includes 6 weeks for work in the RCU plus a 2-week rest period following deployment to Ocean View.
If interested, nurses that live within 130 km of Oceanview:
- Will be expected to be at Oceanview within 8 hours of being called
- Will be reimbursed for kilometers to and from Oceanview at the provincial mileage rate
- Will receive meals provided by Ocean View when on shift, and expensed at civil service meal rates when off shift:
- Breakfast $8
- Lunch $15
- Dinner $20
- Will have the opportunity to have scrubs laundered by Ocean View
- Be provided with PPE refresher training
- Will be provided a 2-week paid rest period following a 6-week rotation
Nurses who live greater than 130 km from Oceanview, in addition to the above, will also be reimbursed for hotel accommodations for 6-week rotations and two additional weeks to accommodate a rest period if the employee chooses.
Please share this information with all your nursing staff. Interested nurses should reach out to Jacob Hillier, Director of HR and Facilities at Ocean View Continuing Care Centre by 4 P.M. WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 16 2020: email@example.com
Please note the earliest you could be available for this opportunity in your response.
Thank you for leaning into this opportunity to serve the most vulnerable during a very difficult time.