The Licence Renewal Deadline is October 31!
5 Days Left To Complete Your 2023-2024 Licence Renewal!
To be eligible to practice for the 2023-2024 licensure year, you must renew your licence before the renewal period ends on Tuesday, October 31, 2023.
Please renew your licence as soon as possible. Click here to start the renewal process.
Other Important Information
- The Regulated Health Professions Network has reviewed the Mass Casualty Commission's Report related to the regulation of health professions. Network members, including NSCN, are committed to working to address the Report's recommendations.
- October’s practice support tool is the Nurses Administering Influenza Vaccines in Clinics or Pharmacies Practice Scenario, which assists nurses in understanding what to consider when administering influenza vaccines to clients in clinics or pharmacies.
- The NSCN Board is seeking feedback on the proposed By-law amendments regarding the adoption of the Canadian Council of Practical Nurse Regulator’s (CCPNR) updated Code of Ethics for Licensed Practical Nurses.
- The NSCN Board is seeking feedback on the proposed By-law amendments regarding the selection process for registrant Board members, and for the NSCN Board Chair and Vice Chair.
- View our Transition to Practice Online Education Module, which supports managers, clinical nurse educators and professional practice leads and includes information on licensure for newly licensed nurses, transition to practice and orientation, and more.
- Read our Nurse Practitioner Practice Guidelines to view new information on the accountability of NPs to ensure their contact information is up-to-date for screening and diagnostic tests.
- NSCN is discontinuing the practice of notifying nurses and employers of pending conditional licence expiration effective November 17, 2023.
- Our Online Education Library has convenient practice guidance on a range of topics available for all nurses.
Building Culturally Responsive Care for Nova Scotians Survey
Thank you to the nurses who’ve taken the time to complete Building Culturally Responsive Care for Nova Scotians, an important survey to help NSCN learn more about the diversity of the profession and establish baseline data. If you haven’t had a chance yet, the survey closes October 31. We encourage you to take part and ensure your voice is heard.
Your responses will inform the appropriate and relevant next steps that NSCN can take to further our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion. That includes a better understanding of the role we can play in ensuring nurses are able to provide culturally responsive care. Once the survey closes, we’ll develop a report with a local third party that’s experienced in conducting equity evaluation work in Nova Scotia. Our goal is to report back to you in early 2024.
If you have any questions or want to learn more about the survey, please visit our website here, view our FAQ resource, or watch a video from our CEO & Registrar, Sue Smith, as she speaks about why the survey is important to the nursing profession in our province.
You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or if you have trouble accessing the survey link provided in the special renewal newsletters and in the email confirming your 2023-2024 licence renewal has been processed.
Licence Renewal Information
- How do I activate my profile on NSCN's new registrant portal?
- How do I reset my password on NSCN's registrant portal?
- I am not planning on renewing my licence this year. What do I need to do?
- How do I renew my licence if I am returning from leave?
- How can I receive proof of my licence?
- How do I find my registration number?