Important Information on Continuing Competence Program (CCP) Audit for 2023
This notice is to inform you that there will be no Continuing Competence Program (CCP) audit for nurses for 2023. We have decided to forgo this year's audit as we all continue to balance ongoing priorities in the face of the currently challenging and rapidly evolving health care system.
While there will not be an audit in 2023, all nurses should participate in CCP. This includes conducting a self assessment, developing a professional growth plan with a reflective evaluation of the impact the learning plan has had on your practice. To access the CCP Guide, tools and resources, click here.
For more information, please reach out to a Practice Consultant by email at email@example.com.
Application to sit on the NSCN Board Coming Soon
Next week, the NSCN Board will begin its search for one qualified registrant to sit on the Board and regulate the practice of nursing in the public’s interest. From February 28 – March 28, registrants who wish to serve for a three-year term are encouraged to apply. If you are interested in the Board position, watch for an email from NSCN on February 28 with further information. Click here to meet the Nominating Committee and to learn more about key dates.
Other Important Information
- The NSCN Board is seeking feedback on the proposed amendment to the NSCN By-Laws with respect to adopting the revised Entry-Level Competencies for Nurse Practitioners.
- Complete our customer experience survey to share your feedback and help us better understand your needs and how we can continue to provide excellent customer service.
- February’s practice support tool is the Assessing Capacity Practice Guideline, which provides nurses with information to assist them with understanding legislation and their accountabilities related to capacity assessment.
- Our 2023 Annual Meeting is taking place virtually on May 18th. The meeting is an opportunity for stakeholders to learn more about NSCN’s activities over the past year, including an update from our external auditors on NSCN’s finances.
- Read our new practice scenario, Working with Physician Assistants, to learn about what nurses should consider when working with physician assistants.
- View the closed summary for our consultation on the amendments to the NSCN By-laws regarding annual meeting resolutions.
Regulatory Information System Now Live
Our new regulatory information system is now live! This new system provides registrants and applicants with an efficient, easy-to-use portal that is available through our website.
The system continues to be further developed to enhance the user experience for all. If you see missing information on your profile, stay tuned! Expanded portal accessibility and data (e.g. licence renewal information, practice hours, etc.) are coming soon as more updates are implemented over the next few months. Additionally, you may currently have access to various sections of the portal that enable you to complete forms and initiate registration and licensure processes. To increase efficiencies for the team as they process applications as quickly as possible, please only request and pay for what is needed and applicable to you.
New Registrant Portal Instructions
- To log in to the portal, click here and use your email and password.
- To reset your password, go to the portal here. Request a password reset by clicking ‘Forgot your password.’
- To find a registration number, visit our Search for a Nurse directory and search by first/last name. The registration number will appear below the registrants name in the ‘registrant’ column.
- To find your tax receipt for your annual registration and licence, log in to the registrant portal and under ‘invoices’ choose ‘include paid’.
- To make a profile change, log in to the portal using your email and password. Select the ‘profile update’ tab. You will be taken to the profile update form and can select the information you wish to change, such as mailing address or email address.
- To request a document, login into the portal using your email and password. Select one of the options under 'My Forms' section. Fill in the form and pay any applicable fees to submit your request.