Our 32nd newsletter issue was released on July 29th. The newsletter includes highlights on:
Transition Support Tools Available for New Nursing Graduates
NSCN Practice Consultants have developed practice support tools with the goal of supporting new nursing graduates in all practice settings as they transition from nursing student to professional nursing practice.
Support tools include Practice Guidelines and online resources that will help new graduates better understand self-regulation, scope of practice, standards of practice, practice support and more.
If you are new to professional practice or are supporting new nurses who are, these resources are meant for you.
- Are you an employer who hires conditional licence holders? We have important resources for you
- New Sexual Misconduct Online Module sets out legal and professional expectations of nurses
- Proposed By-laws to enable expanded scope of practice within limits of nursing practice. Consultation open until August 16th
- Understand your accountabilities related to self-employed nursing practice and other factors to consider when opening your own practice.
- Additional Guidelines for Self-Employed Nurses During COVID-19
- NSCN Practice Consultants provide practice consultation services that are customized to your needs
- The healthcare system continues to be impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and nursing education programs are seeking clinical instructors to fill needs now and over the summer and fall.
Important Renewal Information
- Licence renewal period opened on July 5th
- Learn important information and renewal dates every nurse must know in our licence renewal video
- Important information for nurses not planning to renew their 2021-2022 licence due to maternity/paternity leave, retirement, relocation or illness
- Important date! Deadline to renew if on payroll deduction with your employer is August 12th
- August 12th is the deadline to have your name entered into our licence renewal contest for a chance to win the amount of your licensure fee
- You will need your registration number to renew your licence and we can help
- You need to remember your password to access your account. Can’t remember?