Changes to the Registration and Licensing Process for Internationally Educated Nurses
NSCN continues to comprehensively review all registration and licensing processes to ensure they are relevant, flexible and positively contribute to the supply of nurses while simultaneously meeting NSCN’s legislated mandate to protect the public.
NSCN has made changes in the five key areas that positively contribute to the number of nurses:
- More ways to meet the English language proficiency registration requirement
- Earlier Access to the Registration Exam
- Earlier Entry to Practice
- Earlier Return to Practice
- Policy and Process Changes
- August’s practice support tool is Protected Titles and Designations, which helps nurses understand their accountabilities related to proper and improper use of protected tiles, use of the term nurse and application to practice.
- Have you experienced our customer service? Take our new customer experience survey to share your feedback and help us better understand your needs and how we can work to continue to provide excellent customer service.
- Read our new Nurses Providing Foot Care Services to Clients Q&A, which helps nurses understand their accountabilities related to foot care practice.
Important Licence Renewal Information
- Important Information for nurses renewing their licence: how to renew and more.
- Learn important information and 2022 renewal dates in our licence renewal video.
- The deadline to renew if you are on payroll deduction with your employer is September 7th!
- October 12 is the deadline to be entered into the licence renewal contest for a chance to win the amount of your licensure fee!
- Don't know your registration number? We can help.
- Not planning on renewing this year? Find out what to do.
- Learn how to reset your password to access your account.
- Check out our online resources to support you during renewal period.