As part of the process to become licensed as an LPN in Nova Scotia, you must successfully pass the CPNRE. The CPNRE is a computer-based test developed in collaboration with Yardstick Assessment Strategies Inc.
The Canadian Practical Nurse Registration Exam (CPNRE) is offered through secure Online Proctoring for Nova Scotia practical nurse exam candidates. Information about next steps will be posted here as information becomes available. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Due to current test centre closures related to the COVID-19 pandemic, NSCN in partnership with Yardstick Assessment Strategies will administer the CPNRE in the January, 2021 window using secure online proctoring in our jurisdiction.
Moving the CPNRE to an online proctoring environment will help ensure that practical nursing candidates have access to their licensing exam despite test centre closures and social distancing guidelines. Given the rapid evolution on online proctoring technologies and methodologies, we are satisfied that this administration modality presents a secure and reliable administration option for the CPNRE.
We have worked in close partnership with Yardstick for several decades to develop and deliver the CPNRE and look forward to implementing this solution during these challenging times.
About Yardstick Strategies: Yardstick ensures that professionals are qualified and ready to serve to the public. Their team uses a combination of technology, psychometric best practice, and evidence-based research to assess the knowledge and abilities of millions of candidates around the world.
How to Apply
You are required to complete an online application:
Questions and Answers
- Opens May 1, 2022 - Closes May 31, 2022 - last date to register May 13, 2022
- Opens July 1, 2022 - Closes July 31, 2022 - last date to register July 15, 2022
- Opens September 1, 2022 - Closes September 30, 2022 - last date to register September 16, 2022
- Opens November 1, 2022 - Closes November 30, 2022 - last date to register November 14, 2022
The CPNRE is now offered through secure Online Proctoring for Nova Scotia PN exam candidates. Please continue to visit our website for updates if you have already applied to take exam with NSCN. You will also receive instructions from the exam vendor Yardstick after they receive our confirmation that you are eligible to take the exam. Click here to learn more about online proctoring.
If you believe the administration of the CPNRE discriminates against you on the grounds prohibited by the Nova Scotia Human Rights Act, you may request in writing that you be provided accommodation to eliminate or reduce the effects of the prohibited discrimination during the exam.
You are responsible for submitting a written request to us before you apply to take the exam. Please reach out to Ethel Landry NSCN Policy Consultant at Ethel.Landry@nscn.ca to request an exam accommodation.
Below are the deadlines to submit a written request for test accommodations for the following exam testing date windows:
- Opens May 1, 2022 - Closes May 31, 2022 - The deadline to submit accommodation requests is March 6, 2022
- Opens July 1, 2022 - Closes July 31, 2022 - The deadline to submit accommodation request is May 9, 2022
- Opens September 1, 2022 - Closes September 30, 2022 - The deadline to submit accommodation request is July 1, 2022
- Opens November 1, 2022 - Closes November 30, 2022 - The deadline to submit accommodation request is September 5, 2022
If you have any questions, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond within 2 business days.
Please be advised that registration requirements and fees are subject to change. All registration and licensure fees are non-refundable. Click here to learn more about fees and payment options.