Our twelfth newsletter issue was released on April 22 to over 15,000 readers. The newsletter includes highlights on:
COVID-19 Information & Resources
- Using Social Media during the Pandemic
- Telenursing or Providing Virtual Care during the Pandemic
- What is my Duty to Provide Care During the Pandemic?
- Supervising or Providing Guidance and Direction to Assistive Care Providers
- NPs Re-Deployed to an Unfamiliar Practice Setting
- Apply to Fill Urgent Need for Nurses, Others in NS
- Exam Info for LPN, RN and NP Students
- NSCN Board Postpones First Annual Meeting
- Rapid Licensing Process for Retired Nurses, Others
Other Regulatory Information
On behalf of the NSCN Board and staff, our deepest sympathies and heartfelt condolences to the victims, families and communities impacted by the April 19 tragedy in Nova Scotia. Heather O’Brien, LPN, was a registrant of NSCN and it is with great sadness that there is one less nurse to serve and protect the public. Our thoughts are with all those affected as well as our immense gratitude to those who served on behalf of Nova Scotians during this time, including our police workforce, nurses and other health care workers.