Our 33rd newsletter issue was released on August 26th. The newsletter includes highlights on:
Regulatory Update: COVID-19 Vaccine
Immunizations have a significant and positive impact on the health of our population. Widespread vaccination shortens the duration of disease outbreaks, maintains public safety, reduces the burden on the health care system and keeps health care providers safe to care for clients in need.
The Nova Scotia College of Nursing (NSCN) recommends that nurses be vaccinated against COVID-19 and encourages nurses to use current science-based sources and their knowledge, ethical frameworks as the foundation for their decision. NSCN also recommends that any decision to require nurses to be vaccinated should be made by nurses and employers in consideration of the practice context.
- You asked and we’re listening. Learn more about appropriate practice settings for Emergency Conditional Licence Holders with and without Restrictions.
- The Abandonment Practice Guideline helps nurses understand their accountabilities related to their duty to provide care.
- LPNs Working in LTC Without an RN On-Site Practice Scenario Now Available
- Convenient practice support is available for all nurses via our Online Education Library.
- NSCN is pleased to open our office to the public starting on Monday, September 13. We encourage you to make an appointment at your convenience.
- Coming for a visit to the NSCN Office? Learn what we are doing and what we ask guests to do while on-site.
- Floating to other units to support the delivery of services is not uncommon practice. Nurses are accountable to meet their standards of practice and code of ethics when they “float”.
Important Renewal Information
- Information for Nurses Renewing Their Licence: How to Renew & More
- Important Licence Renewal Dates 2021
- Missed the August 12 Payroll Deduction Deadline?
- Applied for payroll deduction and wondering what’s next? Applications under payroll deduction aren’t processed until we receive your licensure fee from your employer, which occurs by September. But don’t worry – you’ll have your licence in time for November 1!
- Not planning to renew this year?
- Trying to renew and can’t remember your registration number or account password? We can help.
1241 Nurses have already renewed their license so far this renewal season! Join your colleagues!