In January, NSCN released an interim Continuing Competence Program (CCP) for LPNs, RNs and NPs. The interim program includes many of the same components for nurses as in the past, including the requirement for a randomly selected group of nurses to participate in the audit process to verify that they have developed a learning plan.
The purpose of the audit is to ensure nurses complete a learning plan and participate in CCP as required each year. The development of a learning plan is considered best practice as a way for nurses to develop meaningful strategies to address gaps in their practice or increase their knowledge base.
Today, February 10, 75 LPNs and 125 RNs and NPs have been notified by email and mail that they have been randomly selected to participate in the CCP audit process.
Those selected have 60 days from February 10 to April 10, 2020 to submit a copy of their completed learning plan to NSCN in order to be eligible for a 2021 licence.
Have You Been Selected?
To determine if you have been selected to participate in the audit:
- Check your email, including your junk and spam folder, on or after February 10
- Check your mailbox and open any NSCN mail during the week of February 10
If you have been selected, you will receive detailed instructions about the process as well as important deadlines and tools for success. If you have any further questions, you can always reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional support and guidance.
Minor Changes to the Audit Process
As part of the interim program, the program requirements for each designation have remained the same this year. However, a few minor audit changes may be new to you:
- New Language (new for RNs): the process to verify that a nurse has completed their learning plan is called the ‘audit process’ rather than the ‘verification process’.
- Extended Submission Timeframe (new for LPNs): nurses randomly selected for audit now have 60 days to submit their learning plan rather than 30 days.
- Audit Timelines: the audit timeframe this year is from February 10 to April 10, 2020.
- User-Friendly Guide and Q&As: a new, user-friendly CCP Guide and frequently asked questions (Q&As) is available on the website. Click here to access the guide.
Have a Question?
If you have any questions about the interim program or the audit process, contact us at email@example.com or visit one of the links below: