The National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN) is recruiting RNs across Canada who meet specific criteria to participate in upcoming NCLEX-RN Panel meetings taking place in Chicago, IL. NCSBN is responsible for developing and administering the NCLEX-RN exam.
What is the opportunity?
Every three years, NCSBN conducts an RN Practice Analysis and an RN Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA) meeting to ensure that the NCLEX-RN Exam continues to reflect current nursing practice. NCSBN is looking to recruit five RNs to participate in each meeting noted below and they are now accepting submissions for consideration.
When are the meetings?
- NCLEX-RN Practice Analysis Expert Panel Meeting – November 11-13, 2019
- NCLEX-RN Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA) Expert Panel Meeting – December 4-6, 2019
Each meeting will include a minimum of five RNs from across Canada, representing the NCLEX test user areas and various clinical practice settings. Members of both panels must meet the following criteria:
- Current clinical practice
- RN with an active nursing license/registration in good standing
- Works with, precepts, and/or supervises newly licensed RNs within their first 12 months of practice
- Has not participated in nursing licensure examination development activities, including the development of nursing licensure exam preparation guides and courses, in the previous two years
How much does it cost?
If selected by NCSBN, your travel related expenses such as pre-paid airfare and lodging will be covered by NCSBN.
How do I get involved?
If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the criteria noted above, please contact Haley Young, NSCN Registration Consultant, at email@example.com by July 28, 2019 with your name, phone number and email address.
We will verify your current licensure status and forward your information directly to NCSBN. NCSBN will contact the potential panelists and move forward with the application review process. They will follow up with you once the final panel selection is made.